Health and NutritionMore>>
- We have record low levels of vaccine preventable childhood diseases in the US, but that does not mean these have disappeared. That’s why it’s important that children receive recommended immunizations on time. More >>
- More families are turning to snacks for quick-meal solutions. Try these delicious suggestions that are sure to suit a range of snacking occasions for you and your kids. More >>
Immunizations for high flyin' travelers
Nothing spoils a trip faster than getting sick. And a good way to protect yourself is by getting certain vaccinations before you leave home.
Could you raise a 'no-diaper' baby?
Environmentally conscious parents have long struggled with the fact that their baby's dirty diapers wind up in landfills, but what option do they have?
Do older dads produce brainy boys?
In a finding that might bring older Dads some peace of mind about their sons' future job prospects, a new study shows these kids are more likely to be "geeks."
Guns kill or wound 7,000 U.S. kids a year: report
Each year in America, nearly 1,300 children die from guns, with boys and blacks struck down most often, federal health officials report.
Summer fun is not without hazards
Preventable deaths spike during the summer in the United States. But, following some simple safety measures can reduce accidents, the National Safety Council says.
First decline seen in 'vaping' among U.S. teens: CDC
For the first time since the U.S. government began tracking e-cigarette use among American youth, a new report shows fewer teens are vaping.
Babies' fascination with faces may start in the womb
An infant's fascination with faces is already evident in the womb, a new study contends.
Opioids over-prescribed after c-sections: studies
Women are routinely prescribed more opioid painkillers than they need after Cesarean sections, creating a high risk for misuse, a trio of new studies suggests.
1 in 20 pregnant women infected with Zika have babies with birth defects: CDC
One in 20 women in the U.S. territories who were infected with Zika during pregnancy had babies with serious birth defects, officials reported Thursday.
Migraine warning signs may differ in kids, adults
Fatigue and mood changes are the most common symptoms that occur before children develop migraines, a new study finds.
Teen Health Kit for ParentsMore>>
- Your teen's good health depends on so many things: Avoiding peer pressure to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, getting enough sleep, exercising and eating nutritious foods. You can teach your teen manyMore >>
- Many parents don't realize that children and teens can suffer from depression. But they can. In fact, it is estimated that depression affects as many as one in eight adolescents in the United States. More >>
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, are devastating illnesses for both the victims as well as their families. More than seven million women suffer from eating disorders. These illnesses areMore >>
Lunchbox RecipesLunchbox RecipesMore>>
- A delicious recipe for apple gingerbread muffins.More >>
- ½ cup butter or margarine 2 cups uncooked macaroni (mini-shells are always a hit) ¼ cup minced onion 1 tsp salt ½ tsp dry mustard ½ tsp white pepper 1½ cups water ¾ cup skim milk 2 cupsMore >>