Health and NutritionMore>>
- We have record low levels of vaccine preventable childhood diseases in the US, but that does not mean these have disappeared. That’s why it’s important that children receive recommended immunizations on time. More >>
- More families are turning to snacks for quick-meal solutions. Try these delicious suggestions that are sure to suit a range of snacking occasions for you and your kids. More >>
'Herd immunity' may be curbing U.S. Zika numbers
The number of Zika infections has dropped dramatically in Florida this summer, and scientists say herd immunity may be the reason why.
Calming those back-to-school jitters
Many children look forward to heading back to school, but an expert in child psychology notes that the new school year can cause anxiety for some kids.
Therapy for kids with autism pays off for moms, dads
Behavioral therapy for children with autism also benefits their parents, a new study finds.
Preterm birth risk spikes in mothers with sleep disorders
Sleep disorders during pregnancy may increase the risk of preterm birth, a new study finds.
Teen drivers take more chances as senior year begins
Older teens are more likely to do risky things while driving and have a higher rate of crashes and near misses than their younger classmates, a new survey finds.
Recent flu shot shouldn't prevent vaccination during pregnancy
Because pregnant women and newborns are particularly vulnerable to the flu and its complications, guidelines recommend a flu shot during pregnancy.
Drowning can occur hours after swimming
While it happens rarely, a person can drown on dry land hours after having been in the water.
Hearing loss rates holding steady for U.S. teens: study
There's good and bad news from a new study on the noise blasted in American teenagers' ears -- more kids are listening to music via earphones than ever before, but rates of hearing loss have not increased.
Does your child really have a food allergy?
Many people misunderstand what food allergies are, and even doctors can be confused about how to best diagnose them, suggests a new report from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Travelers to Europe need measles protection: CDC
Americans traveling to Europe should take steps to protect themselves against measles, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises.
Teen Health Kit for ParentsMore>>
- Your teen's good health depends on so many things: Avoiding peer pressure to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, getting enough sleep, exercising and eating nutritious foods. You can teach your teen manyMore >>
- Many parents don't realize that children and teens can suffer from depression. But they can. In fact, it is estimated that depression affects as many as one in eight adolescents in the United States. More >>
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, are devastating illnesses for both the victims as well as their families. More than seven million women suffer from eating disorders. These illnesses areMore >>
Lunchbox RecipesLunchbox RecipesMore>>
- A delicious recipe for apple gingerbread muffins.More >>
- ½ cup butter or margarine 2 cups uncooked macaroni (mini-shells are always a hit) ¼ cup minced onion 1 tsp salt ½ tsp dry mustard ½ tsp white pepper 1½ cups water ¾ cup skim milk 2 cupsMore >>