Health and NutritionMore>>
- We have record low levels of vaccine preventable childhood diseases in the US, but that does not mean these have disappeared. That’s why it’s important that children receive recommended immunizations on time. More >>
- More families are turning to snacks for quick-meal solutions. Try these delicious suggestions that are sure to suit a range of snacking occasions for you and your kids. More >>
Is your child's day care center ready for pandemic flu?
The vast majority of U.S. child care centers are not fully prepared to handle the risks posed by a possible influenza pandemic, a new investigation warns.
Many U.S. travelers skip measles shots, despite infection risk
More than half of eligible Americans traveling abroad don't get a measles vaccine, and a key reason is lack of concern about the disease, a new study finds.
'Groundbreaking strides' made in Zika vaccine research
Development of a Zika vaccine is proceeding rapidly, but it still will be years before such a vaccine is available to the public, says the author of a new report on research efforts.
Zika risk may be lower than thought for some pregnant women
U.S. women traveling to areas where the Zika virus is circulating might be less likely to be infected than expected, but risk remains, a new study suggests.
Pot a factor in more ER admissions for Colorado teens after legalization
A Colorado children's hospital saw four times as many marijuana-intoxicated teenagers land in its ER or urgent care centers following legalization of recreational pot in that state, a new study reports.
Teen suicide thoughts, self-harm cases double in a decade
A controversial new Netflix series, "13 Reasons Why," has renewed public focus on the tragedy of teen suicide -- and a new study suggests its release is timely.
Guns send about 16 U.S. kids to the hospital every day
About 16 American children are hospitalized daily due to gunshot injuries, a new study says.
Trump administration rolls back Obama-era school lunch rules
The Trump administration announced on Monday that it will ease the requirements for healthy school lunch programs spearheaded by former First Lady Michelle Obama.
U.S. toddlers eat more french fries than vegetables
American toddlers are more likely to eat french fries than green vegetables on any given day, according to a new national survey on children's eating habits.
Cooking at home means eating better, spending less
Your best bet for healthy eating is having plenty of home-cooked meals, a new study states.
Teen Health Kit for ParentsMore>>
- Your teen's good health depends on so many things: Avoiding peer pressure to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, getting enough sleep, exercising and eating nutritious foods. You can teach your teen manyMore >>
- Many parents don't realize that children and teens can suffer from depression. But they can. In fact, it is estimated that depression affects as many as one in eight adolescents in the United States. More >>
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, are devastating illnesses for both the victims as well as their families. More than seven million women suffer from eating disorders. These illnesses areMore >>
Lunchbox RecipesLunchbox RecipesMore>>
- A delicious recipe for apple gingerbread muffins.More >>
- ½ cup butter or margarine 2 cups uncooked macaroni (mini-shells are always a hit) ¼ cup minced onion 1 tsp salt ½ tsp dry mustard ½ tsp white pepper 1½ cups water ¾ cup skim milk 2 cupsMore >>