Health and NutritionMore>>
- We have record low levels of vaccine preventable childhood diseases in the US, but that does not mean these have disappeared. That’s why it’s important that children receive recommended immunizations on time. More >>
- More families are turning to snacks for quick-meal solutions. Try these delicious suggestions that are sure to suit a range of snacking occasions for you and your kids. More >>
Dirty air in pregnancy may raise kid's blood pressure risk
Breathing polluted air is never wise for anyone, but pregnant women may pay an especially unwanted price.
Depression striking more young people than ever
Americans are fast becoming a very depressed lot.
Many parents miss speech disorders in young kids
Many parents don't recognize the signs of speech and language problems in children, or don't know that early treatment is important, a new survey finds.
Infants know real 'baby talk' when they hear it
Babies go gaga over other babies' goo-goos, a new study finds.
Curiosity a plus in the classroom, particularly for poorer kids
Curious children do better in school, and this is especially true of youngsters from poorer families, a new study suggests.
Could mom-to-be's antidepressants have an upside for baby's brain?
Children who were exposed to antidepressants in the womb may score higher on certain tests of mental abilities at the age of 12, a small, preliminary study suggests.
Many teens switch from hi-cal sodas to hi-cal sports drinks
Teens who were once hooked on sugary sodas may now be now turning to sugary sports drinks, a new study reveals.
Sleep-deprived kids at risk of obesity
Too little sleep can increase a child's risk of obesity, British researchers report.
Simple drug packaging change could save toddlers' lives
As America's opioid crisis continues, too many toddlers are accidentally overdosing on narcotic medicines. But a new study suggests that better packaging might curb the problem.
Skin's 'good' bacteria may be promising weapon against eczema
A treatment that harnesses the power of helpful bacteria living naturally on the skin might be a breakthrough treatment for eczema, early research suggests.
Teen Health Kit for ParentsMore>>
- Your teen's good health depends on so many things: Avoiding peer pressure to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, getting enough sleep, exercising and eating nutritious foods. You can teach your teen manyMore >>
- Many parents don't realize that children and teens can suffer from depression. But they can. In fact, it is estimated that depression affects as many as one in eight adolescents in the United States. More >>
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, are devastating illnesses for both the victims as well as their families. More than seven million women suffer from eating disorders. These illnesses areMore >>
Lunchbox RecipesLunchbox RecipesMore>>
- A delicious recipe for apple gingerbread muffins.More >>
- ½ cup butter or margarine 2 cups uncooked macaroni (mini-shells are always a hit) ¼ cup minced onion 1 tsp salt ½ tsp dry mustard ½ tsp white pepper 1½ cups water ¾ cup skim milk 2 cupsMore >>