Health and NutritionMore>>
- We have record low levels of vaccine preventable childhood diseases in the US, but that does not mean these have disappeared. That’s why it’s important that children receive recommended immunizations on time. More >>
- More families are turning to snacks for quick-meal solutions. Try these delicious suggestions that are sure to suit a range of snacking occasions for you and your kids. More >>
Zika babies facing increasing health problems with age
Most children born with brain abnormalities caused by the Zika virus are facing severe health and developmental challenges at 2 years of age, a new study suggests.
Graphic anti-smoking ads can backfire on kids
Graphic anti-tobacco posters intended to deter young people from buying cigarettes might actually have the opposite effect.
Ritalin during pregnancy may raise risk of heart defect in baby
If you take Ritalin or Concerta for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and you plan to become pregnant, you might want to talk to your doctor about switching your medication first.
Health care workers mixed on using medical marijuana in kids
When it comes to kids with cancer, most health care providers who care for them say they'd help their patients get medical marijuana.
Is air pollution a threat to a fetus?
Women who are exposed to air pollution right before or after they become pregnant may be more likely to have a baby with birth defects, new research suggests.
Moms' soda habit in pregnancy may boost kids' odds for asthma
Kids are more likely to develop asthma if their moms chug sugary drinks during pregnancy, a new study suggests.
Tough flu season ahead: vaccine may only be 10 percent effective
There's bad news about this year's flu vaccine.
Smokers 10 times more likely to use pot daily
A strong link exists between smoking and daily marijuana use, with U.S. smokers 10 times more likely to use pot every day, a new study says.
Later school start times do help kids feel rested: study
Later school start times could help teens get the amount of sleep they need, according to a new study.
For teens, vaping today may lead to smoking tomorrow
The e-cigarette may not be just a "healthier alternative" to smoking for teens. New research shows that teens who vape may be more apt to use tobacco cigarettes later on.
Teen Health Kit for ParentsMore>>
- Your teen's good health depends on so many things: Avoiding peer pressure to drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, getting enough sleep, exercising and eating nutritious foods. You can teach your teen manyMore >>
- Many parents don't realize that children and teens can suffer from depression. But they can. In fact, it is estimated that depression affects as many as one in eight adolescents in the United States. More >>
- Eating disorders, such as anorexia and bulimia, are devastating illnesses for both the victims as well as their families. More than seven million women suffer from eating disorders. These illnesses areMore >>
Lunchbox RecipesLunchbox RecipesMore>>
- A delicious recipe for apple gingerbread muffins.More >>
- ½ cup butter or margarine 2 cups uncooked macaroni (mini-shells are always a hit) ¼ cup minced onion 1 tsp salt ½ tsp dry mustard ½ tsp white pepper 1½ cups water ¾ cup skim milk 2 cupsMore >>