KAHLOTUS, Wash. (AP) - The Franklin County Sheriff's Office says two Kahlotus, Wash., men died after they apparently were overcome by fumes while working in the bottom of a cistern with a gas-powered pump.
The sheriff's office says 39-year-old Eric Harder and 45-year-old Kurt Harder appeared to have been overcome by fumes from the pump.
It says a Kahlotus ambulance crew was called to the scene about 4:30 p.m. Friday. An ambulance crew member also was affected by the fumes and was taken by air ambulance to a hospital for treatment. The crew member recovered at the hospital.