KENNEWICK, Wash. -- Temperatures are raising and with that comes raised awareness for preventing heat related illness. Benton County Emergency Services is reminding everyone of proper steps to keep us all safe.
There are common sense things to do like drink plenty of fluids and stay away from sun when possible. But what about recognizing heat stroke? Oddly enough, it's when you don't sweat that's a big sign of the illness, as well as slurred speech.
Also, many medications make you very sensitive to the sun, and can cause dehydration and sunburn. Remember also, any electronics you keep in your car, ipods or GPS devices that have lithium batteries can also be affected.
You will severly limit their permanent battery life if you leave them in a car on days like today.