SEATTLE (AP) - A fire caused by a propane tank explosion has forced an evacuation at a senior center in central Washington.
KOMO-TV says a grease fire burned through a hose to the tank Saturday night and triggered an explosion at the Cle Elum Senior Center. It says about 90-100 people who were inside at the time were evacuated.
Richelle Risdon of Kittatas County Fire District 7 says shortly after the evacuation was complete, "the roof started to collapse."
One person was injured and was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, and a firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.