Deaf child loses hearing equipment in house fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Deaf child loses hearing equipment in house fire

Posted: Updated:

KENNEWICK, Wash. - A couple who lost everything in a fire Thursday is in desperate need of help. Their 3-year-old son is deaf, and his hearing equipment was destroyed in the fire.

19-year-old Brandon Behurst and his fiance, 22-year-old Cyrstal Nevin say their 3-year-old son needs some very expensive equipment in order to hear.

All of it was burned in the fire at their home in the Chinook Trailer Park on West 45th Avenue and South Olympia in Kennewick.

Their son had surgery when he was two, and had a cochlear implant put in his ear to help him hear, along with devices that will help him use the telephone or the internet when he's older, and they can't afford to replace them.

"Everything he had left is gone. Insurance will only cover one side and it only had a one year warrantee on it. And we don't know how much longer it will last," said Brandon Behurst.

Brandon and Crystal are also having to pay for the $18,000 trailer. They had just moved in and don't have insurance.

They've set up an account at Wells Fargo for donations under Tonya Vibbard who is Brandon's mother.

You can also call Brandon at 509-396-9054.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/