YAKIMA--A restaurant closes its doors after a kitchen fire Saturday night, and it could be a week before they reopen.
Firefighters responded to the Grand Buffet restaurant at the corner of Front Street and East Yakima Avenue around 9:30 p.m. Saturday.
Crews say food left on the stove caught fire. The fire was put out by the building's sprinkler system.
Flames did an estimated $20,000 of damage.
The restaurant cannot reopen until it's cleared by the Yakima County health department.
The buffet's owner estimates he's losing about $1,000 each day he's closed.