YAKIMA--A Yakima woman is without a home Sunday night, and investigators say it's all because of a cigarette.
Firefighters say a still-burning cigarette started a fire at a home in the North Acres Mobile Home Park.
It happened around 12:30 a.m. Sunday.
The blaze quickly destroyed the building, burned nearby trees and was making its way towards the neighbor's homes.
But, a quick response from the Yakima Fire Department kept the fire from spreading any further, something crews say is important considering how close all the homes are in these parks.
"They are packed in there pretty tight," Lt. Don Dexter, Yakima Fire Department, said. "When you get something burning fully involved like this one was, there's a high probability of adjacent structures catching fire also."
Once YFD got there it only took crews about 20 minutes to get the fire under control.
No one was injured. Damages are estimated at $30,000.