Burning food may have caused Kennewick house fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Burning food may have caused Kennewick house fire

Posted:

KENNEWICK, Wash. -- A home in downtown Kennewick was severely damaged by a fire Thursday morning and firefighters said it may have started when the homeowner was cooking food and fell asleep.

Crews were called to the home on the 100 block of E. 6th Avenue at about 7:30 a.m. It was more than an hour before the fire was fully contained. Fire Chief Neil Hines said the man who owns the house made it out uninjured.

There is no word on an estimated dollar amount of the damage.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/