KENNEWICK, Wash.-- Almost 100-million Americans are expected to shop online this Cyber Monday. That's great for retailers, great for you if you find good deals, but could also be great for criminals.
Here are a few tips to stay safe online:
- Only go to trusted web sites,
- Only make purchases secure web sites. Check to see if one is secure by looking at the address. If it's secure, it'll start with https:// the "s" is for secure. Some browsers also show a lock or key symbol when you're on a secure page.
- Pay with a credit card.
- Read and print the terms and conditions.
- Print your receipt and/or shipping receipt
- If you're buying from web sites that require passwords, make sure you don't always use the same password. Don't write it down. Use a combination of numbers and letters.
If you're shopping on the internet on your smart phone, these same rules apply. Happy shopping!