Pasco couple rescued from their burning home - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Pasco couple rescued from their burning home

Posted: Updated:

PASCO, Wash;--Pete and Sheila Overlie were awoken this morning by a loud knock on their door, and moments later they were being rushed to safety.

Benton City native Brian Hane noticed smoke in the couple's windows while he was driving by on his way to work. He was able to move the couple to safety and call for help. Pete and Sheila are now staying with friends for the holidays and they are all thankful for Hane's efforts. They realize if he hadn't helped, it could have been much more serious.

"I'm just thankful for the man driving by and our hearts would be broken if anything happened to them," says family friend Carolyn Hobson. 

The American Red Cross stepped in to help and now the Overlies have food and clothes for the holidays. Pete told me he believes the fire was caused from problems they have been having with their furnace.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/