Family displaced by electrical fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Family displaced by electrical fire

Posted: Updated:

YAKIMA--A morning fire leaves one Yakima family without a place to stay.

The fire at a home on the 800 block of South Seventh Street started shortly before 9:00 a.m. Wednesday.

Firefighters are blaming a faulty electrical device for the fire.

A woman and her two children live at the home, but were not there when the fire started.  The family's dog did not make it out.

The home is a total loss.  Firefighters estimated damages at $80,000.

The family does have insurance; the Red Cross will be helping them to get back on their feet.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/