Man attempts to lure a woman into his carPosted: Updated:
RICHLAND, Wash. -- Richland Police are looking for a man suspected of trying to lure a woman into his car. They say the incident happened at around 8:30 Sunday night in the area of Williams Blvd and Thayer Dr.
A 24-year-old woman says a man in his late 30's followed her in a gray or silver 90's 2 door sedan while she was walking. She described him as a Hispanic male with slicked-back black hair. She says he asked her several times to get into his car. She told him now, but he became verbally aggressive. The victim ran away and the suspect did not follow.
If you have any information, please call Richland Police at 628-0333.
Here are few personal safety tips for walking from the Richland Police Department:
- Avoid walking alone, if possible
- Avoid walking at night, if possible
- If you have to walk at night, walk along busy, well lit streets
- Carry a cell phone with you; keep it charged and easy to access
- Let someone know when and where you are walking, where you are headed and that you will call them when you reach your destination
- Walk assertively and make eye contact
- Always Be Aware of Your Surroundings
- If someone or something makes you uncomfortable or scares you, get away and get help
- Report suspicious activity to the police immediately
- Never accept rides from someone you don't know and don't trust