Fire rousts WSU students; no one hurt - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Fire rousts WSU students; no one hurt

Associated Press - February 28, 2010 2:35 PM ET

PULLMAN, Wash. (AP) - No injuries have been reported after a fire forced students from a Washington State University apartment complex.

The fire at the 12-unit Chief Joseph Village complex broke out shortly before 5 a.m. Saturday. Fire officials say it caused about $500,000 in damage and displaced more than a dozen students. The school and the American Red Cross are working to find new housing for the students.

Pullman Fire Department investigator Rich Dragoo tells The Spokesman-Review that the fire appears to have been accidental, starting in the kitchen stove area of 1 of the units.

Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com

Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/