WAPATO, Wash. -- A home in Wapato catches fire and a garage is destroyed in an early morning fire. It happened on Homeacres Road around 12:30 AM Friday.
Fire investigators say when crews arrived, the garage was fully engulfed and mostly collapsed. The home was also on fire. Fire fighters were able to contain the fire in the home, but electrical wiring was damaged so Red Cross stepped in to help those living there.
The garage was a total loss and the home was damaged; damages were estimated at $25,000.
The Yakima County Fire Marshals office is investigating.