Electrical problems may have caused house fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Electrical problems may have caused house fire

Posted: Updated:

YAKIMA, Wash. -- Firefighters believe bad wiring may be to blame for a house fire on Queen Avenue Wednesday morning.

When firefighters arrived black smoke billowed from the home. A woman and her two children live at the house, which is badly damaged by both the fire and smoke. A neighbor saw the smoke and called for help.

"I ran to the house to try and see if anyone was inside to help them out, pull them out or anything, but nobody was inside," said Andres Recio, neighbor.

The two children were at school and the mother had left shortly before the fire started. But, a kitten was lost, as well as most of the things inside the home. The family is being assisted by Red Cross at this time.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/