YAKIMA, Wash. -- A melted fuse caused a brief power outage in downtown Yakima on Friday, affecting about 100 people.
Yakima firefighters responded to a call of smoke inside the Wells Fargo Bank on Yakima Avenue, just before noon. Then about a half an hour later, firefighters received a second call of smoke at the Liberty Building.
Firefighters said electric motors for the elevators and air conditioning units had overheated, causing smoke to spread into the buildings. Both buildings were evacuated.
No one was injured.
The power was also out at City Hall and the County courthouse.
City leaders said back-up generators were used during the outage.
Crews with Pacific Power arrived around noon to repair the fuse, and the power was restored by 1:30p.m.