Cigarette blamed in deadly Naches house fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Cigarette blamed in deadly Naches house fire

Posted: Updated:

NACHES, Wash. -- A Yakima County fire marshal investigator told KNDO Thursday, a cigarette was what started the fire at a home that claimed the life of a Naches man.

Nile firefighters along with firefighters from several other agencies responded to a house fire on the 1800 block of Nile Road around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters located the body of Randy Soennichesen, 43, inside his bedroom.

After an autopsy was performed Wednesday, the Yakima County coroner said Soennichesen died from smoke inhalation.

Soennichsen is survived by his parents, three sisters and brother.

Investigators said the mattress caught on fire from the cigarette

No word yet on the total property damage from the fire.

Meanwhile, the Yakima County Fire Marshal's Office will continue its investigation.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/