Light bulb culprit in mobile home fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Light bulb culprit in mobile home fire

Posted: Updated:

YAKIMA, Wash. -- An oversized light bulb was to blame for Thursday's fire inside a mobile home at the Sun Meadows mobile home park in Yakima.

Yakima firefighters responded to the fire at around 3:00 p.m. When initially being told a young girl might be inside the home, firefighters say they quickly went into "rescue mode."

Firefighters say no one was injured, and all four dogs and the family's pet lizard all made it out safe.

A ceiling light fixture had overheated due to the light bulb wattage being too high, according to fire investigators.

The bedroom received extensive damage, but the home was not listed as a total loss.

Firefighters estimated about $15,000 in damage caused by the fire.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/