Shoppers hit up the Columbia Center Mall day after ChristmasPosted: Updated:
KENNEWICK, Wash. --Columbia Center Mall opened it's doors at 7:00AM Sunday to start After Christmas Clearance Sales. The mall will close at 9:00pm and then return to regular hours.
The Marketing Director for the mall, Kim Harvey says, Sunday is one of the best days to get that After Christmas deal because retailers must clear inventory by the end of January to make way for Spring merchandise.
Retailers are also encouraging shoppers to spend their gift cards as soon as possible because a number States classify unused gift cards as abandoned property after a period of time.
"You don't see as many returns as you used to see. You see some but a lot of the stores are staffed up because people are out shopping, they're out spending their gift cards," says Harvey.
Here is a list of some of the local sales around town:
Macy's: Stores open at 7am. After Christmas Sale - Lowest Prices and Clearance.
Kohl's: Stores open at 5am. After Christmas Blitz and Clearance - Save up to 60-70%. Save an Extra 15% on Kohls.com Coupon Code: HOHOHO15
JCPenney: Stores open at 7am. After Christmas Sale - Save up to 30-70% off.
Sears: Stores open at 7am. Save up to 65% on Clearance Items.
Target: Clearance - Save up to 65% on select items.
Home Depot: Save up to 75% on tools, faucets, lighting, decor & more.
Best Buy: 10% - 40% Off Select Digital Cameras, Plus Free Shipping
Toshiba Satellite Laptop Only $299.99
$8.99 Blu-ray Movie Sale
Toys R Us: Buy 1 get 50% off all Video Games.
After Christmas Shopping Tips:
1) If you intend to return items, check the store's policy if you need a receipt. Don't leave it at home.
2) Use gift cards as soon as possible. Some States classify unused gift cards as abandoned property in as little as 2 years.
3) Start stocking up for next year on holiday cards and wrapping paper.
4) HDTV's will go on sale again in January before the Super Bowl.
5) Shop online. You can find many of the same deals without the hassle of crowded stores.