Family of four makes it out of house fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Family of four makes it out of house fire

Posted: Updated:

PASCO, Wash. -- A Pasco home caught fire on New Year's Eve day. It happened on East B Street in Pasco. The family of four was inside at the time, but everyone was able to get out.

The family will stay with relatives for now because the house is in need of major repairs before they can move back in.

"I was sleeping on the couch and my mom, she was in the kitchen and she runs up and she says, the house is on fire. And sure enough the house was on fire, but you couldn't see it inside, it was the roof. There was tons of smoke coming out the roof. So we all went outside and I called the cops," described Esmerelda Castillo.

The family says the electrical fire began in the wall and moved into the roof.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/