Yakima County residents asked to report flood damage - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Yakima County residents asked to report flood damage

Posted: Updated:

YAKIMA, Wash. -- The Yakima Valley Office of Emergency Management is asking all residents to report any damage caused by area flooding.

Any non-agricultural business or property damage that occurred, as a result of the local flooding over the weekend, should be reported to the Yakima Office of Emergency Management at (509) 574-1920.

O.E.M. wants to making sure that reporting such incidents does not obligate residents to participate in any state or federal programs.

Estimates of damage will be tallied up on county and state reports. Depending on the numbers reached, funding could be made available to offset economic damages.

Flooding in Yakima County was limited to a few locations, according to the O.E.M. However, they would like to ensure all incidents of damage to property or business are recorded.

For more information, call (509) 574-1900 or visit http://www.yak-oem.blogspot.com/.