WEST RICHLAND, Wash.—Last week an unemployed single mother lost her home to a fire. Now friends are trying to raise donations for the family.
Lanaya Gosney came home to the 4800 block of Thrush lane to find her house filled with smoke and flames. She says her 14-year-old son ran into the home, because he thought his cousin was inside. Fortunately, no one was inside, and Gosney's son got out safely.
"I was in shock. I was just trying to get him to come back. Once I saw him come back I knew he was ok, but when I saw the fire marshal he said if it would have been five minutes later the back draft could have cause casualties and really hurt him," says Lanaya Gosney, homeowner.
Investigators believe the cause of the fire was the refrigerator electrical cords overheating. Now, everything that was inside their home is completely destroyed.
Gosney and friends are asking for any donations. If you would like to help you have options: