Environmental review for Hoover Ele. construction in Yakima
YAKIMA, Wash. - Time is running out on the public comment period on the environmental review for proposed construction at Hoover Elementary that would add four portable buildings and 30 parking spaces.
The SEPA review was filed on Feb. 15 and the 20-day comment period is set to finish on March 9.
The City has outlined the following items as options to mitigate the environmental impact of the proposal, according to the application.
1. Contractors must file a dust control plan
2. Erosion measures must be in place
3. Storm water runoff contained on site
4. Construction crews must adhere to the City of Yakima noise regulations
5. Lighting will be provided for any space used at night
Public and private parties with concerns about the planned project on the 400 block of W. Viola Ave. should contact the city by one of the following methods.
Michael A. Morales, CED Director, SEPA Responsible Official
City of Yakima, Department of Community & Economic Development