Two historic engines and railcars will soon find a new home at the B Reactor site.
Think of it like race horses being sent out to pasture after years of hard work... the two locomotives we're talking about hauled irradiated fuel around the Hanford site for half a century.
The engines and cars reach their final stop this week when they're sent to the historic B Reactor for preservation and public display.
Overall there are 16 railcars getting removed and taken to a landfill by the Department of Energy from Hanford's 200 North Area. That process will be done by the end of September.
Hanford employees say once at the B Reactor they will help tell the story of the site and will be great for public viewing.
The two locomotives were built in 1948 and they spent their entire operating lives at Hanford.