Time to report flood damage - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Time to report flood damage

Posted: Updated:

We're now seeing water levels go down after the Yakima River reached it's highest point on Wednesday.

Benton County Emergency Management says now is a smart time to report flood damage. The Yakima River crested at 15.5 feet in Benton City a couple of days ago.

The Beach RV Park in Benton City, and roads in Richland and West Richland were closed as water crept up.

Now that levels are receding, Benton County Emergency Management leaders say people living in flood prone areas should report any damage to their homes or personal property.

It's important to remember that reporting damage doesn't mean the homeowner will get compensation if they are uninsured, but it could help with disaster assistance programs.

To report flood damage you can call benton county emergency management at

 628-2600 or visit www.bces.wa.gov