Local expert explains how to keep online accounts safe
RICHLAND, Wash.—Most people's private information is now online, but how safe are your accounts? A local expert says you probably should be doing more to protect your information.
- Have an anti-virus product.
- Back up your computer on a second hard drive.
- Be careful when opening e-mails.
- Clean out your cookies regularly.
- Don't save your password.
"As you're getting e-mail take a look at if it's coming from someone you don't know, doesn't seem to make sense to you, just delete it. If it comes from a friend, sometimes friends will have their computer infected and it will automatically send e-mails," says Rick Grandy, Lockheed Martin.