A fire destroys a home in Pasco - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

A fire destroys a home in Pasco

Posted: Updated:

PASCO, Wash.-- A fire destroys a home in Pasco. A Pasco family is without a home tonight after a fire broke out around six tonight.

It happened at 1003 Christopher Lane in Pasco. The fire started from coals that were placed in the garbage can after a barbeque.

The homeowner Del Avery, smelt smoke, saw the flames and called 9-1-1. When firefighters arrives the fire had spread all the way up to the attic.

Pasco Fire Chief Bob Gear says "there was very very heavy fire involvement in the attic on our first units arrival. Even though we really tried very hard to knock that fire down in the attic, we just couldn't get any headway at all."

Three people were inside the home when the fire started. Everyone made it out safely.

Firefighters say the home is completely destroyed.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/