National Hunger Action MonthPosted: Updated:
The leaders of 2nd Harvest want to hear how children would eliminate hunger. They have a contest, in 5 sentences or less how would you eliminate hunger? Children under 18 can participate. The contest begins September 5th and all entries are due by September 14th at 4:00 pm
Contest: If you could eliminate hunger in your community how would you do it?
- Winner of the contest will receive for their immediate family: Tickets to a home game for the Tri-City Americans, and a dinner night out for their family at the Sunset Line (this is the restaurant upstairs in the Toyota Center) the same night as the home game that they receive the tickets for.
- Award will be presented by Americans Mascot, Winger
How you can enter; entries can be:
- Emailed to Debbie Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dropped off at the warehouse @ 810 Chemical Dr, Kennewick, 99336
- Mailed to Second Harvest, P.O. Box 6166, Kennewick WA 99336 (Must be received by September 14, 2011.)
- This contest is for kids 18 years of age and younger (These must be the ideas of the kids; however Mom and Dad can help ONLY if the children cannot write or if they cannot spell yet.)
- Entries must be in NO later than 4:00 pm September 14, 2011.
- This must be done in 5 sentences or less.
After the contest is over:
- The winner will be announced on KNDU (either live at the warehouse or live in studio) and the award will be presented by Winger, Mascot of the Tri-City Americans.
- The winner will receive passes to a home game of the Tri- City Americans and a dinner night out the same night as the tickets for the game are for at the Sunset Line (this is the restaurant upstairs in the Toyota Center) for their immediate family. Also, the Tri-City Americans will recognize them at the game.