FINLEY, Wash. -- A mother and her two children are without a home tonight after their mobile house in Finley went up in flames. The fire started about 9:15 Wednesday morning at Kelley Estates.
The woman who lives there, 26 year old Jessica Espinoza told us she heard popping sounds coming out of her kitchen and then saw smoke. She says that's when she grabbed her toddler and headed for the door.
Neighbors say they smelled it right away. "I was coming out to go to town and we smelled something funny, that electrical wiring and stuff, and that's what I smelled. We come out and see the smoke," says LeRoy Lee, the manager at Kelley Estates.
Fire fighters say it likely started in the kitchen but they're not sure of the exact cause. They suspect it could be from the stove or possibly an electrical fire from the fridge. Espinoza says she'll be staying with her parents.