YAKIMA, Wash.-- The Yakima Fire Department responded to 2 structure fires Friday night, both around 9:30pm.
The first happened on the 200 block of S. 6th St.
People in the apartment were able to put it out quickly and it only caused about $400 in damage.
The second fire was at a home on S. 8th Ave, the fire was coming from the attic and caused substantial damage to the home.
4 engines and other units helped put out the fire but it did cause about $40,000 worth of damage.
The homeowner was able to get out of the home without any injury.
Yakima Fire says it was caused by cigarettes.