KENNEWICK, Wash. -- A Kennewick couple and their children are staying with family members after a fire broke out in the middle of the night.
29 year old Tony Sanchez and 26 year old Norelle Locati were woken up from police pounding on the door of their home at 1213 W. First Avenue in Kennewick. Neighbors spotted smoke from the house and called 9-11 around 1:30 in the morning.
The family quickly managed to get their three kids, ages 2,4 and 7 out as well as their four dogs. The family's Chihuahua bit a fire fighter while he was trying to rescue her. Neighbors helped the family today get what's left of their things.
"They're blessed and I'm glad everybody is ok; their animals, their kids, everything is fine. it's emotional. I'm sure its hard for them," says Kevin Williams who lives across the street.
Kennewick Fire Marshall Mark Yaden says the fire started inside a wall, and it was likely caused from an electrical problem. A deeper investigation is scheduled for Monday.
The family is staying with friends as the home is uninhabitable.