WEST VALLEY, Wash.-- A fire caused some major damage to a garage and shop in West Valley Wednesday.
Crews were called around 12:30pm to West Lincoln Road off of Mize Road after a firefighter saw smoke in the area.
Crews say some men were trying to burn out a hornet's nest with a torch when the flame caught some nearby brush on fire, spreading it to the structure.
Firefighters say it's not a good idea to be using open flames this time of year.
"Right now when it's as hot as this is, anything that you get a spark to is probably going to burn. Whether it be brush, or wood, other debris, materials around your home, it's all probably going to burn," said Deputy Chief Nathan Craig.
Craig says the fire burned in the attic of the garage causing serious structural damage. Luckily, several motorcycles inside were not damaged.