Overheated fan causes building fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Overheated fan causes building fire

Posted: Updated:

 

YAKIMA, Wash. - On Sunday, June 22nd, Yakima firefighters responded to a report of heavy smoke coming from the roof of an office building on the 400 block of South 12th Avenue.

Firefighters say a man saw smoke coming from the roof of the building and called 911. When
firefighters arrived, they found a fire in the ceiling of a bathroom that had burned through to the roof. 

Crews quickly extinguished the fire and began investigating. Firefighters say they believe the fire was caused by a ceiling fan that overheated. 

Firefighters say there was moderate fire damage to ceiling and roof, as well as smoke through out the building. 

No one was hurt, but officials estimate the damages at about $10,000. 

 

HD DOPPLER 6i
/