CHCW holds 1st annual health fair - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

CHCW holds 1st annual health fair

Posted: Updated:

Yakima, WASH.--Community Health of Central Washington held its first annual health and fitness fair Saturday.

CHCW is a Yakima based non-profit organization that provides primary health care, dental and mental health services.

Saturday's event focused on diet and exercise.

People could participate in fitness activities like sumo wrestling and hula-hooping.

"I think there's a pretty big move right now to try to make Yakima a healthy community," said Staci George, the clinic manager at CHCW. "There's a lot of different lifestyles and a lot of different groups here, and we're just trying to educate everyone on healthy eating habits and good exercise."

Staff said they hope this event will show the community that they care about their health choices.

They plan to make the health fair an annual one.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/
  • Yakima NewsYakima News TodayMore>>

  • Remembering those who served

    Remembering those who served

    Monday, November 12 2018 9:35 PM EST2018-11-13 02:35:19 GMT

    One local man remembers his father and all his service to the country.

    More >>

    One local man remembers his father and all his service to the country.

    More >>
  • Yakima PD spokesman on leave for alleged road rage incident

    Yakima PD spokesman on leave for alleged road rage incident

    Monday, November 12 2018 3:54 PM EST2018-11-12 20:54:31 GMT

    Authorities say the spokesman of the Yakima Police Department has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.

    More >>

    Authorities say the spokesman of the Yakima Police Department has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.

    More >>
  • Garage destroyed in morning Grandview fire

    Garage destroyed in morning Grandview fire

    Monday, November 12 2018 3:48 PM EST2018-11-12 20:48:30 GMT

    An early morning fire in Grandview Monday morning damaged the garage of a home but luckily didn't spread to the house. 

    More >>

    An early morning fire in Grandview Monday morning damaged the garage of a home but luckily didn't spread to the house. 

    More >>