CWU football features new defensive coachesPosted: Updated:
Super 8 Plays of the Week 1/22
Check out the top playmakers from the last week in sports.
Grizzly Sports Report, 1-22-18
The University of Montana teams split the series with Montana State as the Lady Griz fall 81-64 but are still tied for first in the conference at 5-2. Meanwhile the men dominate in the second half holding the Cats to just 4 made shots on 17% shooting as they improve to 7-0 in Big Sky play. Player guests Bobby Moorehead and Sophia Stiles join host Shaun Rainey to talk about the weekend and what lies ahead for both teams.
WSU announces Patrick Chun as new Athletic Director
Washington State University President Kirk Schulz has selected Patrick Chun as the WSU Director of Athletics, it was announced Monday. Chun will be introduced at a press conference in the Rankich Club Room at Martin Stadium Tuesday, Jan. 23 at 11 a.m. He becomes the 14th individual to lead Cougar athletics in school history and begins his duties Feb. 5.
Kyle Roach leads Whitworth past Linfield, 63-55
Kyle Roach scored 18 of his game-high 21 points in the second half to help the Bucs claim their 20th consecutive win over Linfield.
Zags bounce back with 75-60 win over Santa Clara
Gonzaga had four players score in double figures ( Perkins - 17 pts, Norvell Jr. - 16 pts, Hachimura - 16 pts and Tillie - 12 pts) as they moved moved to 7-1 in West Coast Conference play this season.
Big 2nd half propels Idaho past Northern Arizona, 84-80
Brayon Blake. Blake followed up his tremendous performance from Thursday night with another outstanding game, finishing with 25 points and nine rebounds.
Gonzaga stays undefeated in WCC after 71-44 win over Santa Clara
The Zags forced 23 Bronco turnovers, tying the season high, and making for 55 forced turnovers in the last two games.
Eagles pick up fourth straight victory, topping Southern Utah 58-41
Eastern limited the Thunderbirds to just 25 percent (14-for-56) from the field while shooting 43.8 percent (21-for-48) themselves
Idaho rolls to 83-68 victory over Northern Arizona
Ferenz scored a game-high 33 points, jumping her up two spots into eighth Idaho's all-time scoring list with 1,385 career points.
The Wildcats bring back the core of its defense that led the NCAA in tackles for loss a year ago. Central averaged 10.7 TFL per game, with Kevin Haynes taking care of 19 himself. Haynes' running mate, Sean Elledge, was tied for second most on the 2016 squad with 17.5.More >>
PORTLAND, Ore. – When Azusa Pacific and Central Washington meet on the football field for the second time in 2017, they will square off in front of a national audience. The Oct. 28 between the two games, which will take place in Ellensburg, Wash., will be one of 18 games selected this season for the 2017 NCAA Division II Football Showcase.More >>
ELLENSBURG, Wash.- Central Washington University head football coach Ian Shoemaker has announced the Wildcats 2017 football schedule. The Wildcats will play 11 games in 2017 with five home contests. Central's 2017 opener is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 2 at 5 p.m. against Texas A&M Kingsville in Kingsville, Texas. The Javelinas finished the 2016 season with a 9-3 record, including a 24-17 victory over Southern Arkansas in the Agent B...More >>
- On Tuesday night, the Kennewick Americans little league team was honored by the Kennewick city council. Mayor Steve Young and the council recognized the American's winning the national title at the Cal Ripken World Series. More >>
Washington State dropped a 7-4 nonconference contest at Seattle University behind an eighth-inning rally by the Redhawks at Bannerwood Park Wednesday afternoon.More >>
- Thanks to a complete-game pitching performance from Mitch Yada, the Yakima Valley Pippins kept their post-season hopes alive with a 9-2 win over Wenatchee on Friday night.More >>
- With a Corvallis win earlier Wednesday night, the Yakima Valley Pippins were in a position where they had to win to stay alive in the playoff race. With the pressure on, they delivered, knocking off the Victoria HarbourCats, 8-5, at Royal Athletic Park.More >>
- The Yakima Valley Pippins dropped game two in their series with the Victoria HarbourCats Tuesday night, 10-3.More >>
- The Yakima Valley Pippins saw their four-game winning streak come to an end Monday night in Victoria, falling to the Victoria HarbourCats by a score of 11-5.More >>
- It’s been more than three weeks since the Yakima Valley Pippins have scored more than five runs in a league game, but the drought ended Friday with a 7-2 win over Cowlitz at David Story Field.More >>