House fire in Pasco tore through home - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

House fire in Pasco tore through home

Posted: Updated:

PASCO, Wash. - A fire in Pasco left a home in ruins. It started around 3 o'clock Thursday afternoon. Firefighters from Pasco, Kennewick and Franklin County District Three all worked together at 712 Leola Street and put it out in under an hour.

Pasco Fire Chief Bob Gear said the flames were very heavy when crews arrived.

"The homeowners stated they'd had a barbecue earlier," said Gear. "We haven't confirmed whether that was the cause but we'll certainly be looking at that. The main origin of the fire was on the back porch in the area of the bar-b-cue."

Gear said dry conditions at the back of the home helped fuel the flames, initially. Four children and a father were at the home when the blaze started. Gear said they have family in town and won't be needing Red Cross assistance at this time.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/