Fire in Kennewick apartment causes minimal damage - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Fire in Kennewick apartment causes minimal damage

Posted: Updated:

KENNEWICK, Wash. - People at the Kamiakin Apartments in Kennewick evacuated one of the buildings today because of a fire in one of the units.

Firefighters said the residents were about to make lunch and had pre-heated the oven but forgot a plastic cutting board was in it. The cutting board caught fire and flames were coming out of the oven but they quickly knocked it down with a fire extinguishers.

The oven was the only thing hurt except for some light smoke damage.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/