Kitchen fire starts from cooking oil - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Kitchen fire starts from cooking oil

Posted: Updated:

RICHLAND, Wash. - Five people escaped without injuries after a kitchen fire in a Richland duplex this on Wednesday.

It happened at 1515 Mahan Avenue around two in the afternoon.

Firefighters said a cooking oil fire started on the stove, did some damage to the kitchen, and filled the place with smoke.

Crews also had to open the other *vacant* side of the duplex to clear out the smoke.

They said the home should still be live-able with some work.

HD DOPPLER 6i
/