Richland PFD moves forward with contractor candidates
RICHLAND, Wash. -- NBC Right Now continues to follow the progress on the Hanford Reach Interpretive Center.
The Richland Public Facilities District Board met Monday to narrow down a list of contractors who could start work on the project.
The board started with six contractor-architect teams interested in the job, now only three are left in the running. All six have ties to the area, and all had interviews with the board last week. Then, board members ranked them on things such as experience and quality of design.
The three top ranking contractor-architect teams are D.J.R. Grant with Thornhill, Chervenel with Meyer and Bouten with M.E.E. Architecture.
"What we're doing is were moving forward with what we can count on. Which is the money we have on hand already, or commitments to provide money that are on hand already," said Richland PFD President Fred Raab.
Two of the five board members were not included in this decision to avoid bias because they have previously worked with two of the contractors.
Now the company that eventually gets the job will be taking over phase two of the project, which is the construction of the building. Raid says they plan to make a final choice by January.