CWU Volleyball Selected to Compete in NCAA Division II ChampionshipPosted: Updated:
Press Pass Pullman: Week Seven
Grizzly Sports Report, 10-16-17
Wide Receiver Keenan Curran and Head Coach Bob Stitt join Shaun Rainey to talk about the big win over North Dakota and discuss the new Champions Center.
Super 8 Plays of the Week 10/16
Check out this week's top plays as we approach the end of the football regular season!
WSU names John Johnson interim director of athletics
Johnson will assume the role of interim director effective Oct. 18 and will continue until a permanent director is named. He will not be a candidate for the permanent position.
Fan Fest kicks off 2017-18 season for Gonzaga
Fans got their first look at the 2017-18 Zags with festivities on the court, including an intrasquad scrimmage. The Zags played a quartet of four-minute periods, with the second half running clock.
Whitworth escapes with a 17-14 win over Pacific Lutheran
Whitworth overcame the absence of record-setting QB Ian Kolste with a total team effort to end a two-game losing streak. The Pirates improved to 4-2 overall and 1-2 in the NWC.
Vandals come up short against Appalachian State 23-20
The Vandals got up, 20-0, early in the third quarter after a Sedrick Thomas interception on the opening play of the half gave Idaho excellent field position. The Mountaineers stormed back, scoring 23 unanswered points.
Eagles continue Big Sky dominance with win over Montana State
After nearly giving away the lead with fumbles on back-to-back possessions, the defense for No. 10/9 Eagles did the same moments later to help preserve a 31-19 EWU victory over Montana State.
Quick-striking Crusaders defeat MSUB men 3-1
In the blink of an eye, Northwest Nazarene University had all the offense it needed to collect a 3-1 victory over Montana State University Billings on Saturday at the NNU Soccer Field.
Battlin’ Bears Run to 52-3 Win at Northern
The Rocky Mountain College football team ran for 372 yards as they won at Montana State University-Northern, 52-3, on Saturday afternoon at Blue Pony Stadium.
The Wildcats bring back the core of its defense that led the NCAA in tackles for loss a year ago. Central averaged 10.7 TFL per game, with Kevin Haynes taking care of 19 himself. Haynes' running mate, Sean Elledge, was tied for second most on the 2016 squad with 17.5.More >>
PORTLAND, Ore. – When Azusa Pacific and Central Washington meet on the football field for the second time in 2017, they will square off in front of a national audience. The Oct. 28 between the two games, which will take place in Ellensburg, Wash., will be one of 18 games selected this season for the 2017 NCAA Division II Football Showcase.More >>
ELLENSBURG, Wash.- Central Washington University head football coach Ian Shoemaker has announced the Wildcats 2017 football schedule. The Wildcats will play 11 games in 2017 with five home contests. Central's 2017 opener is scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 2 at 5 p.m. against Texas A&M Kingsville in Kingsville, Texas. The Javelinas finished the 2016 season with a 9-3 record, including a 24-17 victory over Southern Arkansas in the Agent B...More >>
- On Tuesday night, the Kennewick Americans little league team was honored by the Kennewick city council. Mayor Steve Young and the council recognized the American's winning the national title at the Cal Ripken World Series. More >>
Washington State dropped a 7-4 nonconference contest at Seattle University behind an eighth-inning rally by the Redhawks at Bannerwood Park Wednesday afternoon.More >>
- Thanks to a complete-game pitching performance from Mitch Yada, the Yakima Valley Pippins kept their post-season hopes alive with a 9-2 win over Wenatchee on Friday night.More >>
- With a Corvallis win earlier Wednesday night, the Yakima Valley Pippins were in a position where they had to win to stay alive in the playoff race. With the pressure on, they delivered, knocking off the Victoria HarbourCats, 8-5, at Royal Athletic Park.More >>
- The Yakima Valley Pippins dropped game two in their series with the Victoria HarbourCats Tuesday night, 10-3.More >>
- The Yakima Valley Pippins saw their four-game winning streak come to an end Monday night in Victoria, falling to the Victoria HarbourCats by a score of 11-5.More >>
- It’s been more than three weeks since the Yakima Valley Pippins have scored more than five runs in a league game, but the drought ended Friday with a 7-2 win over Cowlitz at David Story Field.More >>