KENNEWICK, Wash. - The Kennewick Fire Department is investigating the cause of a house fire that may have started in a bedroom around 6:30 Tuesday morning.
Fire officials say they were able to quickly extinguish the fire along the 1200 block of East 6th Avenue but not before it burned through a rear bedroom and some of the roof.
Investigators say the believe the fire started from a space heater close to the bed but are still investigating other electrical sources. No one was hurt during the fire.
The Fire Department says they want to remind people to be cautious when using space heaters and make sure to turn them off when unattended.