Ohio Woman Claims She Was Fired For Obama Vote - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Ohio Woman Claims She Was Fired For Obama Vote

Posted: Updated:

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) - A southwest Ohio woman says she was fired three days after the November election because she voted for President Barack Obama.
    
The woman has filed a lawsuit in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court seeking damages starting at $25,000 against Q-Mark Inc. and its president. The Dayton-based company is a sales firm representing manufacturers and defense contractors.
    
The Dayton Daily News (http://bit.ly/YxE10A ) reports that Patricia Kunkle alleges that company President Roberta Gentile told employees last year that Obama supporters would be the first to be terminated if he got re-elected.
    
The company says she was laid off for economic reasons and cited uncertainty over U.S. defense spending.
    
Kunkle had become a full-time employee of the company in May 2012 and says she never received any negative evaluations or disciplinary action.
   
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

  • Spokane Police Respond To Shots Fired Early Saturday Morning

    Spokane Police Respond To Shots Fired Early Saturday Morning

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:46 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:46:42 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash.- An investigation is underway into shots fired in two separate places early Saturday morning. Police say the first shooting happened on the 1600 block of East Mission. Two armed men forced their way into an apartment and the victim tried to disarm them.More >>
    SPOKANE, Wash.- An investigation is underway into shots fired in two separate places early Saturday morning. Police say the first shooting happened on the 1600 block of East Mission. Two armed men forced their way into an apartment and the victim tried to disarm them.
    More >>
  • 10 More Bodies Found Inside South Korean Ferry; Hundreds Still Missing

    10 More Bodies Found Inside South Korean Ferry; Hundreds Still Missing

    Saturday, April 19 2014 11:00 PM EDT2014-04-20 03:00:36 GMT
    SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - South Korean news agency Yonhap reports that the captain of the South Korean ferry that sank two days ago has been arrested. Yonhap says 68-year-old Lee Joon-seok was detained early Saturday. The ship, the Sewol, sank Wednesday, leaving hundreds missing and feared dead.More >>
    SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - South Korean news agency Yonhap reports that the captain of the South Korean ferry that sank two days ago has been arrested. Yonhap says 68-year-old Lee Joon-seok was detained early Saturday. The ship, the Sewol, sank Wednesday, leaving hundreds missing and feared dead.
    More >>
  • Fallen Hero Banner Project Denied From Marching In Seafair Torchlight Parade

    Fallen Hero Banner Project Denied From Marching In Seafair Torchlight Parade

    Saturday, April 19 2014 10:55 PM EDT2014-04-20 02:55:08 GMT
    SPOKANE, Wash. - This year the Fallen Hero Banner project, which honors men and women from Washington who have died serving our country, applied to march in the Seafair Torchlight Parade in Seattle. However, the organization was denied by the parade selection committee via email saying, "the Fallen Hero Banner Project was not the right fit for the Torchlight Parade."More >>
    SPOKANE, Wash. - This year the Fallen Hero Banner project, which honors men and women from Washington who have died serving our country, applied to march in the Seafair Torchlight Parade in Seattle. However, the organization was denied by the parade selection committee via email saying, "the Fallen Hero Banner Project was not the right fit for the Torchlight Parade."More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.