Oklahoma Thunder Fan Who Sinks Shot Will Use Money For Wife's C - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Oklahoma Thunder Fan Who Sinks Shot Will Use Money For Wife's Cancer Treatment

Posted: Updated:

One fan was plucked from the stands at the Oklahoma City Thunder game on Tuesday night at Chesapeake Energy Arena and tasked with making a half-court shot for $20,000. The joy he shows after making the shot runs deep, because the money should help in his wife's battle against cancer. 

NewsOK.com reports Heath Kufahl took the amazing shot between the third and fourth quarters of the eventual Thunder win over the Lakers, 122-105. When it went in, Kufahl ran around the court like an NBA player dropping the game-winner in Game 7 of the NBA Finals.

Nabbing 20 large is a huge deal, so his excitement is certainly warranted. Still, the story is far more powerful when you hear more about this youth basketball coach from Del City, Oklahoma

It's always cool to see someone make that shot, but for the Kufahls and their seven children, it means a bit more: Heath's wife, Jenni, was diagnosed with Stage 3 colon cancer in October of 2012. The money will be used for mounting medical bills.

By: Gabe Zaldivar, Bleacher Report

  • National NewsMore>>

  • Charge filed against dad in 1983 toddler killing

    Charge filed against dad in 1983 toddler killing

    Tuesday, September 16 2014 8:02 PM EDT2014-09-17 00:02:40 GMT
    TACOMA, Wash. - Prosecutors in Pierce County, Washington, have filed a manslaughter charge against a 57-year-old man for killing his 3-year-old son in 1983. More >>
    TACOMA, Wash. - Prosecutors in Pierce County, Washington, have filed a manslaughter charge against a 57-year-old man for killing his 3-year-old son in 1983. Prosecutors said Tuesday that a warrant has been issued for Stanley Guidroz to return to Washington to face the charge. Guidroz is currently serving time in a Louisiana prison for murdering his wife, who is not the boy's mom.More >>
  • UPDATE: President condemns "barbaric murder" of David Haines

    UPDATE: President condemns "barbaric murder" of David Haines

    Saturday, September 13 2014 8:50 PM EDT2014-09-14 00:50:23 GMT
    BEIRUT - President Obama responded to the alleged beheading of British Aid worker David Haines Saturday. The President said in a statement, "The United States strongly condemns the barbaric murder of UK citizen David Haines," according to NBC News. New video claims to show the beheading of Haines by Islamic State group ISIS. Haines went missing in Syria last year.More >>
    BEIRUT - President Obama responded to the alleged beheading of British Aid worker David Haines Saturday. The President said in a statement, "The United States strongly condemns the barbaric murder of UK citizen David Haines," according to NBC News. New video claims to show the beheading of Haines by Islamic State group ISIS. Haines went missing in Syria last year.More >>
  • Women's colleges consider transgender applicants

    Women's colleges consider transgender applicants

    Wednesday, September 10 2014 6:31 PM EDT2014-09-10 22:31:35 GMT
    BOSTON (AP) - Women's colleges are revisiting policies around enrolling transgender students. Mills College in Oakland, California, recently became the first women's college to issue a written policy saying it would accept undergraduate applications from "self-identified women" in the coming academic year.More >>
    BOSTON (AP) - Women's colleges are revisiting policies around enrolling transgender students. Mills College in Oakland, California, recently became the first women's college to issue a written policy saying it would accept undergraduate applications from "self-identified women" in the coming academic year.More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.