Pasco man found dead in hotel died from smoke and CO2 - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Pasco man found dead in hotel died from smoke and carbon monoxide inhalation

Posted: Updated:

PASCO, Wash. -- NBC Right Now learning more about the dead man found at a Pasco hotel on Tuesday morning.

An autopsy performed on 61 year old Peter Martinez shows he died from inhaling smoke and carbon monoxide.

Maids found Martinez's body at the Tahitian Inn after a small fire broke out in the room. Martinez's son says he is from Texas but has lived in Pasco for several months.

Toxicology tests are still underway, and expected to come back in six to eight weeks. Franklin County Coroner, Dan Blasdel says the death does not appear to be suspicious.

@

HD DOPPLER 6i
/