UPDATE: Woman in Hospital After Early Morning Shooting - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

UPDATE: Terrace Heights Woman in Hospital After Early Morning Shooting

Posted: Updated:


TERRACE HEIGHTS, Wash. - The Yakima County Sheriff's Office released the name of the Terrace Heights woman accidentally shot by her husband Friday.

Deputies say 25-year-old Cory Lindblom accidentally shot 27-year-old McKaylee Higgs Friday morning because he thought she was an intruder.

She is eight months pregnant and is still in stable but critical condition.


TERRACE HEIGHTS, Wash.-- Yakima County Sheriff's Deputies say a husband accidentally shot his pregnant wife early Friday morning.

The man told deputies he thought his wife was an intruder and fired several shots inside their Terrace Heights Duplex along the 4200 Block of Nola Loop Road.

Chief Robert Udell said the woman was hit at least twice in the couple's bedroom and remains in critical but stable condition at a local hospital. The wife is about eight weeks pregnant.

The chief said the husband is cooperating, and he's currently being held for questioning.

"We go the whole route," said Chief Udell. "We're going to investigate everything about the scene and talk to the shooter, the husband, completely and will document and hopefully know everything that happened."

The chief said the victim's family has not been notified yet, and they're not releasing any names. At this point, the investigation hasn't shown any criminal activity, but deputies continue to investigate.


TERRACE HEIGHTS, Wash. - Yakima County deputies are investigating after they say a man in his 20's accidentally shot his wife around 6 AM Friday on the 4200 block of Nola Loop Road in Terrace Heights.

Deputies say the husband believed his wife was an intruder so he shot her.

Investigators say the victim, also in her 20's, was treated for a life-threatening gunshot wound. She is now in stable but critical condition. Deputies say she is pregnant.

Deputies say the husband is cooperating with detectives. Investigators are not yet releasing the victim's name.