Blind Man's Home Catches Fire in Pasco - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Blind Man's Home Catches Fire in Pasco

Posted: Updated:

PASCO, Wash. - Pasco Firefighters are trying to figure out what caused a blind man's home to catch on fire. 

Firefighters went to the home on the 600 block of Bonneville Street after the homeowner, 33-year-old Kimsan Song called 911, saying he smelled smoke and thought he saw what looked like the color of fire.

"I called the fire department and I told them I think my house is on fire," Song recounts "I smell the smoke, I could see something in the house that looks like a fire, but I'm totally blind, I don't want to take a guess, just please send somebody over here."

When firefighters arrived, the man's neighbor was already hosing down the flames. Firefighters say no one was hurt, but most of the house has smoke and soot damage.   

Song says luckily his wife had picked up their three children just thirty minutes before the fire started.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.