Children Start Fire at Yakima Duplex - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Children Start Fire at Yakima Duplex

Posted: Updated:

YAKIMA, Wash.-- Yakima firefighters say children playing with a lighter started a fire at a duplex Thursday night.
 
Firefighters went to the home at 15th Avenue and Swan and found smoke coming from the front door. Crews say the flames started in a bedroom and quickly spreading to the attic.

The four people inside the duplex got out ok, but smoke and heat caused more than $50,000 in damages.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.