Fire Temporarily Closes a Yakima Burger King - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Fire Temporarily Closes a Yakima Burger King

Posted: Updated:

YAKIMA, Wash.--An early morning Saturday fire has temporarily closed one of Yakima's Burger King restaurants.

Firefighters found lots of black smoke coming from a vent on the roof of the fast food place located on South First Street.

Crews were able to quickly put the fire out and said it was likely caused by a grease buildup in the cooking exhaust hood.

The blaze caused about $15,000 worth of damage.

Firefighters said employees are working hard to reopen the business.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.