Two Hospitalized After House Fire - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Two Hospitalized After House Fire

Posted: Updated:

SPOKANE VALLEY, Wash. - Two people were taken to the hospital following a house fire in Spokane Valley Friday morning.

The fire broke out just after 1:30am at a home in the 4900 block of East First Avenue, near the Spokane Valley Costco.

Fire officials say the injuries are not serious, and both are expected to make full recoveries. However, the home was destroyed in the fire.

Fire crews tell KHQ that the most difficult part of fighting this fire was the heavy smoke and the debris that was all over the outside of the house and the inside.

Avista Utilities cut power to the home, and when it did, it also cut power to neighboring homes as well. But the utility company managed to get the power back to the other homes within 15 minutes.

Authorities say they believe the fire started in the fire place.

  • Top Stories from KHQTop StoriesMore>>

  • Permanent disaster relief center opens in Pateros

    Permanent disaster relief center opens in Pateros

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 12:42 PM EDT2014-07-30 16:42:56 GMT
    PATEROS, Wash. - Community volunteers, in association with various charities, private donors, local businesses and government emergency response agencies have worked together to open a more permanent disaster relief center in Pateros, WA. The new center will act as a distribution site for the large volumes of donated items including food, clothing, household supplies, baby items and so forth.More >>
    PATEROS, Wash. - Community volunteers, in association with various charities, private donors, local businesses and government emergency response agencies have worked together to open a more permanent disaster relief center in Pateros, WA. The new center will act as a distribution site for the large volumes of donated items including food, clothing, household supplies, baby items and so forth.More >>
  • A good problem to have: Carlton Complex no longer accepting donated goods

    A good problem to have: Carlton Complex no longer accepting donated goods

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 12:33 PM EDT2014-07-30 16:33:02 GMT
    OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash.- The people in charge at the Carlton Complex wildfires in Okanogan County say they can no longer accept any donated goods. The problem, they say, is that so many people donated so much that they simply ran out of room.More >>
    OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash.- The people in charge at the Carlton Complex wildfires in Okanogan County say they can no longer accept any donated goods. The problem, they say, is that so many people donated so much that they simply ran out of room.More >>
  • Carlton Complex: Weather contributes to increased fire activity; 67% contained

    Carlton Complex: Weather contributes to increased fire activity; 67% contained

    Wednesday, July 30 2014 12:02 PM EDT2014-07-30 16:02:39 GMT
    OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash. - The hot, dry weather contributed to the increase in fire activity Tuesday. Temperatures reached 105 degrees in the Methow Valley. Multiple smoke columns were visible as pockets of unburned vegetation burned within the fire perimeter. The fire was active in the Gold Creek and also the Leecher Mountain Lookout areas, but ground crews and air support helped slow the rate of spread.More >>
    OKANOGAN COUNTY, Wash. - The hot, dry weather contributed to the increase in fire activity Tuesday. Temperatures reached 105 degrees in the Methow Valley. Multiple smoke columns were visible as pockets of unburned vegetation burned within the fire perimeter. The fire was active in the Gold Creek and also the Leecher Mountain Lookout areas, but ground crews and air support helped slow the rate of spread.
    More >>
Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.