Welders Extinguish Small Fire in Workshop at Ki-Be High School - NBC Right Now/KNDO/KNDU Tri-Cities, Yakima, WA |

Welders Extinguish Small Fire in Workshop at Ki-Be High School

Posted: Updated:

BENTON CITY, Wash. - The shop class area at Ki-Be High School in Benton City caught fire Wednesday morning while welders were fixing a circulation fan in a paint drying booth.

School district officials say around 10 AM a filter in one of the fans caught fire, setting the school's fire alarm off. The welders grabbed a fire extinguisher and put the fire out before firefighters arrived.

No students were in the building due to spring break. No one was hurt in the fire and minimal damage was done.

All classes should resume as normal next week.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and KHQ. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.